Eccleshall 3-11 Wythenshawe Town

24 Sep 2018 in Match Reports

Eccleshall 3-11 Wythenshawe Town Eccleshall 3-11 Wythenshawe Town

Wythenshawe Town ran riot on the road as they scored eleven goals against Eccleshall at Pershall Park on Saturday afternoon.

Only one place separated the two sides in the build-up to the fixture but Town proved too much for their opponents. The rout began on six minutes when a ball opened up the Eccleshall defence and Jake Parker squared the ball across goal and Danny Hudson was on hand to fire home from close range. Just two minutes later Town doubled their lead when another ball calved open the host's defence and this time Liam Crellin-Myers was on hand to fire beyond Ellison in the Eccleshall goal.


The hosts first chance of the game came on eleven minutes when fullback Baker-Haynes picked the ball up 30 yards from goal but his long-range effort was well saved by Ben Daniels. Just a minute later the hosts did half the deficit and in some style. A cross came into the area and the ball was chested down into the path of Daniel Needham and he fired into the far top corner. 


After conceding Town got back on the front foot and on 26 minutes they added to their tally after a Jonny Poizer free kick hit Jake Parker, the Town attacking midfielder played in Danny Hudson and he fired into the top corner for his second of the afternoon. 


Towns fourth came not long after when terrific work from Grant Spencer saw him beat his marker and cross into the area, but his cross rebounded off the crossbar and into the path of Dylan Stringer-Moth who was on hand to score from close range. Despite looking in control the Town defence was opened up just three minutes later with James Lewis in the clear and he fired beyond Daniels to give Eccleshall a way back into the match at the break! 


Halftime: Eccleshall 2-4 Wythenshawe Town 


The second half was no different to the first as the goals kept on coming and with just a minute played the hosts had their third of the afternoon. After intercepting a loose pass in the Town half, James Lewis played a terrific ball through to Thomas Wakefield and he hit home from inside the Penalty area.


Just when the hosts thought they were right back in the match Town struck again, this time through centre-half Tom Meachin. A corner from the right was hit to the far post and Meachin was unmarked to head home and establish a two-goal lead once more for Town! 


After scoring their fifth of the afternoon Wythenshawe opened the floodgates and just a minute later after a mixup in the Eccleshall defence Danny Hudson completed his hattrick as he fired home from close range! 


Five minutes after completing his hattrick Hudson was replaced by Remi Williams and Williams got himself on the scoresheet straight away. A cross from the right terrifically picked out Jake Parker in the penalty area but his header rebounded back off the crossbar and Williams was quickest to react as he prodded home from six yards! 


Town had their eighth of the afternoon on 71 minutes when substitute Ste Yarwood hit a free kick directly at goal and despite Ellison’s best efforts he couldn’t keep the shot out and palmed into his own net! Five minutes later things went from bad to worse for the hosts when Jack Stanbridge was given his marching orders after he received a second yellow card for an off the ball incident and Town took full advantage of the extra man as they added three more goals to their tally.


First, Jake Parker received the ball wide left and after beating his marker he fired across goal and into the far corner giving Ellison no chance. Then Ste Yarwood got his second of the afternoon when he picked the ball up just outside the penalty area, beat his marker and fired into the bottom corner. Dylan Stringer-Moth completed the rout when Remi Williams unselfishly played the ball across goal to him after been denied by Ellison himself and the Town wingback fired home from close range!


Fulltime: Eccleshall 3-11 Wythenshawe Town


Manager James Kinsey post-match comments:


"It has been a strange start to the season. We have been talking as a group a lot recently and know that in the games we have lost, we should have taken more from them. 


We spoke about being ruthless after the St Martins game as we have been missing too many chances. It’s fair to say they’ve taken that on board this weekend. The lads were superb on the ball and we were unplayable for a large amount of the game. But it’s all about consistency now. 


Everybody is beating everybody in this league and we know that if we turn up with the right mindset, we can beat anybody and get some consistency going.


We have made a couple of changes to the squad over the past few weeks but we are sticking with this group we have now as we feel we have everything that is needed to push for promotion."


Older Newer