Rudheath Social 0-4 Wythenshawe Town

07 Nov 2017 in Match Reports

Rudheath Social 0-4 Wythenshawe Town Rudheath Social 0-4 Wythenshawe Town

Wythenshawe Town scored 4 goals in a game and had a hat-trick hero for the second time in a week, as they ran out comfortable 4-0 winners at Moss Farm Complex against Rudheath Social.

The game got off to a bad start for the hosts as they lost goalkeeper Tom Chubb to injury after just 6 minutes, and with no substitute goalkeeper on the bench, they had to turn to outfield player Chris Yearsley to take the gloves.

It wasn’t long until the stand-in goalkeeper was called into action as Wythenshawe won a free kick 30 yards from goal, with captain Joe Yarwood’s sweetly struck shot forcing Yearsley to tip the ball over the top of his crossbar. The visitors continued to put the Rudheath defence under pressure and on 20 minutes Yarwood turned provider as his pass split open the host's defence and striker Godfred Amankwaa found himself unmarked in the area but his shot across goal went just inches wide.

Just 8 minutes later though the pressure did pay off, after good work down the right wing, fullback Ryan McHugh picked out Kayle Power just inside the penalty area and Power’s sweetly struck volley gave Yearsley no chance as it nestled in the top corner of the goal.

Following the goal, the visitors kept the pressure on but it was Rudheath who had the games next best chance on the stroke of halftime, when Joe Evans cross from the left was met by Anthony Marshall who managed to flick the ball goalwards at the near post only to be denied by the upright.

Halftime: Rudheath Social 0-1 Wythenshawe Town

After the break, it was Wythenshawe who started the better side and should have doubled their lead when Ryan McHugh picked out substitute Stefano Idugbor but his effort from inside the area went wide of the far post.

Just before the hour mark though the visitors did double their lead through Godfred Amankwaa after winger David Moreno beat his marker he picked out Amankwaa unmarked in the penalty area and he finished from close range.

The Wythenshawe striker was on the scoresheet again on 76 minutes with another close-range finish but this time it was Stefano Idugbor who provided the goal after beating his marker in the penalty area he squared the ball for Amankwaa and he slammed beyond Yearsley giving the Rudheath goalkeeper no chance.

Heading into the final 10 minutes Wythenshawe continued to keep possession well and create chances, and Amankwaa’s following in on goalkeeper Yearsley got him his hattrick. After good feet from Stefano Idugbor he created room for a shot inside the area but Yearlsey was able to parry clear but only into the path of Amankwaa who smashed home to take the match ball home and ensure all 3 points were Wythenshawe’s.

Fulltime: Rudheath Social 0-4 Wythenshawe Town

Wythenshawe Town are next in action Saturday 11th November 2017 at home against Congleton Vale


Older Newer