Town make it back-to-back victories

02 Sep 2018 in News

Venancio Da Silva goes close for Town!

Liam Crellin-Myers lets fly!

Town celebrate a goal!

Town celebrate Brad Byrne's goal

Wythenshawe Town made it back to back league victories with a comprehensive 3-0 win on the road against Barnton FC. 

The game began an end to end affair and with just one minute on the clock Jake Parker was put in the clear from a terrific Brad Byrne ball but Barnton keeper Aaron Lyons came rushing off his line to clear away the danger. 


Straight after, the hosts went up the other end and they beat the Wythenshawe Town offside trap and a ball from left to right fell to Steven Warburton but he fired his effort wide of the upright.


The game continued at high intensity with the visitors having a couple of half chances, the first falling to Ben Steer who picked the ball up wide left and drove into the penalty area but his effort was straight at Lyons. Then just a few minutes later a long throw from Steer caused chaos in the Barnton area as Meachin flicked into the path of Brad Byrne but his effort was well blocked by the host's defence.


Beyond that, both teams continued in search of the games opening goal, but it wasn’t until just before the interval that the games next best chance was and it fell to Town. Jake Parker picked up the ball and slid Brad Byrne in but his close-range effort forced Lyons into another terrific save before right on the stroke of halftime the visitors substitute Venancio Monteiro found himself one on one with Lyons but his effort was again kept out by the Barnton shotstopper! 


Halftime: Barnton FC 0-0 WTFC


After the interval, it was all Town as they grabbed complete control of the game. With just a few seconds of the half gone Liam Crellin-Myers did well to hold of his marker but his effort from the edge of the area went just wide. The Town striker then combined with Jake Parker as he slid the Wythenshawe number 10 in but his effort also went just wide of the upright! 


Town kept probing the Barnton defence and both Crellin-Myers and Parker saw further chances kept out by Aaron Lyons and go wide of the upright, but just past the hour mark, Parker broke the deadlock. Again combining with Crellin-Myers he received the ball and slammed beyond Lyons giving the Barnton goalkeeper no chance. 


Just nine minutes later the two combined again to extend Town’s lead. After a long ball forward was met by Parker he squared the ball across goal and Crellin-Myers hit home to put some daylight between them and the hosts.


The visitors weren’t finished there though as just 4 minutes later they ensured all 3 points were coming back to Wythenshawe when Brad Byrne received the ball 25 yards from goal and he hit a rocket into Lyons top corner giving the Barnton shot stopper absolutely no chance. 


Town continued to go in search of further goals and with just five minutes left on the clock a great move between Lee Gregory, Liam Crellin-Myers and Jake Parker resulted in the latter been free in the penalty area but his goal-bound shot was well tipped onto the post by Lyons.


Full time: Barnton 0-3 WTFC


Older Newer